Sprintcars Queensland Sprintcars Qld
New Page 1

Kicking Up The Dirt - East Coast Logistics Series - Round 7
Joanne White posted Friday December 29, 2017.

After a false start on Tuesday 26 December 2017 when rain interrupted proceedings before qualifying was completed, we finally managed to get a race meeting completed at Ausdeck Patios and Roofing Archerfield Speedway last night, Thursday 28 December 2017. And boy was it worth the wait! Thirty-Six Sprintcars took to the track and while it was not an overly quick racetrack, it was definitely a multi-lane racetrack and it certainly provided plenty of opportunity for two and three-wide racing. Donny Schatz started the A-Main from position three and spent just half a lap making his way past Brent Kratzmann and Logan Schuchart before settling into a comfortable lead. Schatz led for a number of laps, through a number of stoppages, but a little past the half way point Schatz and Schuchart, who had managed to stay with the leader, approached lapped traffic. Schuchart was simply phenomenal on the high line, running just millimeters from the fence and soon made it look easy as he raced around the outside of Schatz and into the lead. Schuchart quickly tried to put a couple of lapped cars between himself and Schatz and once Schuchart had opened a comfortable margin there was no stopping him. Logan Schuchart got the win ahead of Donny Schatz, with Luke Oldfield the best of the locals rounding out the podium in third after a spectacular drive. The battle for the minor places between Bryan Mann, Peter Lack and Mark Pholi was completely riveting, the trio putting on an absolutely mesmerizing show as they negotiated over the remaining top five places, with Peter Lack eventually managing to secure fourth ahead of Mark Pholi and Bryan Mann.

Qualifying got underway and while the first group to hit the track had somewhat difficult conditions to deal with, they ended up being the quickest of the entire field. Mark Pholi set the bench-mark at 12.819 seconds, while Peter Lack (12.904 seconds) and Bryan Mann (12.984 seconds) were the only other drivers to make it into the 12-second bracket. Brent Kratzmann and Dan Murray rounded out that fastest five, while the quickest twenty-one cars were separated by less than one second. Less than two seconds separated the entire 36-car field.

Heat one got underway with Anthony Lambert and Andrew Corbet from the front row, with Donny Schatz starting back in seventh. Lambert got the jump when the green flag flew, quickly setting into the lead in advance of Corbet while Dave Whell got the better of Dylan Menz on the start to lock into third. Schatz quickly raced up the inside of Brodie Tulloch, Jayden Peacock and Dylan Menz to move into fourth by the time the field entered the first corner, before racing underneath Dave Whell in turn two and Andrew Corbet as they made their way down the back straight. With only half a lap completed Schatz was into second and had his sights on Lambert and the race lead, spending just one lap chasing down the Q90 racer and taking control of the race only a lap and a half into the ten lap journey. Once in front Schatz was unstoppable and quickly opened a comfortable lead over his rivals, while behind him the battle for the minor places kept things interesting. Brett Minett, who had started behind Schatz, followed Schatz on the start, quickly making his way underneath Pholi and Tulloch before getting past Menz in turn two. Pholi too was on the move and quickly displaced Tulloch and Menz and began chasing Minett, while Minett in turn had his sights on Peacock. Minett raced beautifully underneath Peacock as they rounded turn three, only for Peacock to fight back on the high side coming out of turn four, opening the door for Pholi to slip through on the inside and wedge himself between Minett and Peacock. Pholi was all over the back of Minett searching for a way through, when Peacock again took to the high line and started trying to take his position back from Pholi. Pholi was too quick though and before long he and Minett had pulled a little ahead of Peacock, leaving Peacock to defend his position from Brad Ayers and Brodie Tulloch. The race was soon brought under caution when Peacock spun the Q77 racer in turn two. Schatz led the restart from Lambert, Corbet and Whell but Pholi quickly dove underneath Whell, leaving Whell with Minett right on his tail. It was short-lived through with Whell and Minett quickly bringing the race back under caution when they spun together in turn three. Schatz again led the restart from Lambert and Corbet, with Corbet coming under immense pressure from Pholi, while Brad Ayers and Brodie Tulloch fought over the minor places. Donny Schatz got the win ahead of Anthony Lambert, Mark Pholi, Andrew Corbet, Brad Ayers, Brodie Tulloch, Dylan Menz, Jayden Peacock, Kris Jennings, Brett Minett, Dave Whell and Bryan Zelinski.

Kevin Britten and Paul Rooks shared the front row for the start of the heat two, with Cody Maroske and Mitchell Gee right behind them. Rooks got an incredible start when the lights went green and quickly secured the lead, and while Gee tried to follow on the high line, he got momentarily caught behind Britten and was forced to settle for third. Logan Schuchart and Peter Lack both also got great starts on the high line, with Schuchart racing around Brock Dean and Cody Maroske before switching to the bottom and looking for a way underneath Gee. Gee was beautiful on the top-side, holding Schuchart at bay while challenging Britten for second, while Schuchart found both Maroske and Lack on his tail and trying to the find a way through. Britten settled into a great rhythm in the Q34 racer and soon enough caught race leader Rooks and began searching for a way through. Working the bottom perfectly Britten soon managed to slip into the race lead and while Rooks fought back valiantly on the top-side Britten was took quick. Rooks soon found himself on the defensive as Gee closed in and challenged for second, while Maroske searched high and low for a way past Schuchart. The race was brought under caution when Tim Ford spun the immaculately presented Q70 racer in turn one with five laps still to run. Britten led the restart from Gee and Rooks but Schuchart wasted no time and quickly raced around the outside of Rooks before switching to the low line and trying to find a way underneath Gee. Lack raced boldly underneath Maroske through turns three and four, only for Maroske to come back hard on the top side to try and regain his position. Brock Dean soon joined the battle between Lack and Maroske, adding an extra element to the fight for the minor positions, while towards the front of the field Schuchart was all over the back of Gee. Kevin Britten took the win while Mitchell Gee held on to cross the line in second ahead of Logan Schuchart and Paul Rooks. Peter Lack was fifth past the chequered flag, leading Cody Maroske, Brock Dean, Kristy Bonsey, Dan Murray, Steve Greer, Mitch Gowland and Tim Ford home.

Heat three started with Nelson Reddacliff and Callum Walker from the front row and a massive field of really quick cars behind them. Reddacliff got the jump when the lights went green and led the field into the first two corners, but Walker, who had had mechanical issues in the Q33 racer during qualifying, was phenomenal on the high line and fearlessly raced around the top, past Reddacliff and into the race lead with just half a lap completed. With the bottom left wide open in turn two, Andrew Scheuerle did not hesitate and quietly slipped under Reddacliff, just moments after Walker stole the lead. Scheuerle set his sights on Walker and the race lead, while Reddacliff tried to stay with the pair and fight to try to regain his position. Behind them things were frantic in the mid-field, with Brent Kratzmann racing up the inside of Luke Oldfield and having a look underneath Steve Rowell, while Bryan Mann took the high line and raced around Oldfield before getting past on the outside of Kratzmann. As Mann and Kratzmann raced side-by-side while negotiating over the minor places, Oldfield fought back on the inside of Kratzmann, the trio three-wide through turn two, with Mann emerging just in front of Oldfield and Kratzmann, the trio right on the tail of Rowell. Oldfield then raced underneath Mann, while Karl Hoffmans committed to the topside and bravely raced around the outside of Kratzmann. Kratzmann of course fought back on the low line, with Steven White following him through, with both Kratzmann and White then closing in on Rowell. White worked the bottom while Kratzmann ran the top, with White managing to make his way in front of Kratzmann when the latter tagged the wall coming out of turn four. White led Kratzmann for several laps but Kratzmann was relentless on the topside and the pair raced wheel-to-wheel for a number of laps before Kratzmann finally managed to emerge a fraction in front and was able to turn his attention to Rowell. At the front of the field Walker was doing a magnificent job holding off the advances of a determined Scheuerle, but it was Callum Walker who got the win ahead of Andrew Scheuerle and Kaiden Manders when the chequered flag flew. Bryan Mann crossed the line in fourth ahead of Luke Oldfield, who only narrowly beat Nelson Reddacliff home, with Steve Rowell, Brent Kratzmann, Steven White, Karl Hoffmans and Phill Foster rounding out the finishers. James Grady did not finish the event.

Heat four started with Dave Whell and Andrew Corbet from the front row, with Kevin Britten and Brock Dean from the second row. Whell got a brilliant start and quickly settled into the race lead, with Britten seemingly effortlessly slipping into second, only for Corbet to fight back on the high side while Dean charged through on the bottom. The race was however promptly brought under caution when James Grady spun the Q40 racer in turn two, bringing about a full race restart. Whell again got the jump when the race resumed with Corbet and Britten fighting over second while Andrew Scheuerle raced underneath Brock Dean before having a big look on the inside of both Britten and Corbet. Brent Kratzmann raced up the inside of Dean, just as Brodie Tulloch looked to go around the outside, the trio three-wide in turn two, with Kratzmann emerging in front as they exited the corner. Dean fought back on the outside of Kratzmann, while Scheuerle found his way past Corbet and Brad Ayers and Mark Pholi battled deep in the field, the pair making their way underneath Tulloch to move a little closer to the front. Pholi was phenomenal on the bottom and, after racing underneath Ayers in turn one, raced exquisitely underneath both Kratzmann and Corbet in turn two before setting out after Dean and Scheuerle. Brad Ayers had a great run in the NQ11 racer, using the bottom to get past Kratzmann then Corbet before setting his sights on Pholi. The race was again brought under caution for the spun car of James Grady in turn three with six laps still to run. Whell led the restart from Britten and Scheuerle, with Scheuerle wasting no time when the race resumed, quickly taking to the high line to steal second and relegate Britten to third. Britten soon came under immense pressure from Brock Dean, while Ayers and Kratzmann resumed their battle mid-field. Kratzmann eventually managed to make his way underneath Ayers with just two laps left to run but it was Dave Whell who got the win ahead of Andrew Scheuerle and Kevin Britten. Brock Dean crossed the line in fourth and led Mark Pholi, Brent Kratzmann, Brad Ayers, Brodie Tulloch, Kristy Bonsey, Andrew Corbet and Steve Greer across the line. James Grady did not finish the ten-lap journey.

Nelson Reddacliff and Cody Maroske lead the field to the green for the start of heat five, with Dylan Menz and Kaiden Manders right behind them. Reddacliff and Maroske raced side-by-side into the opening corners, but the race was quickly brought under caution when Manders and Menz came together and spun to a stop in turn two. Second time around it was Reddacliff who led the field into the first corner, but Maroske was exceptionally quick on the topside and raced into the lead by the time they hit turn two. Reddacliff refused to surrender the lead and fought back on the bottom, regaining control of the race and leading the field down the back straight, only for Maroske to race back around the top on the following lap to steal the lead once more. Reddacliff persisted on the bottom, relentlessly searching for a way back underneath Maroske, and managing to regain the lead three laps in. Reddacliff led for another lap before Maroske again fearlessly used the high line to make his way back in front of Reddacliff and finally secure the advantage. Behind Reddacliff and Maroske, Donny Schatz and Logan Schuchart were trying to make their way through the field of locals, with Steve Rowell holding down third ahead of Dan Murray, while Schuchart managed to secure his position ahead of Schatz before racing underneath Murray and setting out after Rowell. Schuchart spent several laps searching for a way past Rowell, eventually using the mid-track to get around the Q6 racer, while Schatz closed in, committed to the high line, and quickly raced around the outside of Rowell before focusing on Schuchart and Reddacliff. Cody Maroske got the win ahead of Donny Schatz and Logan Schuchart with Nelson Reddacliff home in fourth. Steve Rowell crossed the line in fifth and led Dan Murray, Bryan Zelinski, Kaiden Manders, Brett Minett, Dylan Menz, Karl Hoffmans and Kris Jennings across the line.

The sixth and final heat of the night saw Anthony Lambert and Paul Rooks lead the field to the green with Lambert getting a brilliant start and settling into the race lead in advance of Rooks, while Mitchell Gee tried to race up the inside of Jayden Peacock through turn two. Callum Walker and Luke Oldfield were looking to go around the high side of Peacock but when Peacock and Gee came together entering turn three the race was brought to a sudden stop. Walker managed to slip past on the high line as Gee flipped spectacularly towards the turn three fence, but Oldfield had nowhere to go and did everything he could to slow the Q17 racer, spinning the car in an effort to avoid contact with the still airborne Gee. Gee walked away from the wreck but unfortunately his night of competition was over. A full restart followed with Lambert and Rooks to lead them away and while Lambert got the jump again, Rooks stayed with him this time and raced around the outside and into the lead. Lambert fought back hard on the bottom to regain the led by the end of the first lap, while Callum Walker settled into third ahead of Bryan Mann, Luke Oldfield and Steven White. Mann and White ran the bottom while Oldfield preferred the top, with the battle between the three captivating the crowd. Mann soon started challenging Walker for position, while White and Oldfield raced side-by-side only to be joined by Jayden Peacock. Mann made his way back underneath Walker before closing in on Rooks, having a massive look underneath the Q64 racer as they fought over track position. Walker was inspiring on the top side, confidently running around the outside of both Mann and Rooks to make his way into second. Tim Ford brought the race under caution when he spun in turn two, with Anthony Lambert then leading the field to the green. White and Peacock resumed their battle mid-field, while Mann and Oldfield searched for a way past Rooks, and Walker began putting all kinds of pressure on Lambert. Callum Walker eventually got the win after a brilliant drive on the top side, with Anthony Lambert home in second ahead of Bryan Mann, Luke Oldfield, Paul Rooks, Steven White, Jayden Peacock, Mitch Gowland, Tim Ford and Phill Foster. Peter Lack and Mitchell Gee did not finish the event.

Seven cars took to the track for the C-Main, with Mitch Gowland and Kristy Bonsey sharing the front row for the start. Gowland got the jump on the start and quickly settled into the race lead, while Karl Hoffmans ran the high line to try and steal second from Bonsey. Unfortunately though the race was quickly brought under caution when Steve Greer spun the Q84 racer in turn two. A full restart followed and this time it was Bonsey to lead the field into turn one, with Gowland in second and Hoffmans again running the high line as he challenged for a top two spot. Bryan Zelinski had a great run on the bottom, successfully stealing third from Hoffmans for a brief moment before Hoffmans charged back hard on the high line. Zelinski was left to battle with Steve Greer until Kris Jennings spun the Q81 racer in turn three and brought the race back under caution. Bonsey led the restart from Gowland and Hoffmans but just one lap later James Grady and Kris Jennings spun to a stop in turn two. Bonsey again led the restart and was relatively unchallenged as she led the field to the chequered flag, earning her place at the back of the B-Main field, while Mitch Gowland held off a hard-charging Karl Hoffmans to secure second with Hoffmans home in third. With Mitchell Gee withdrawing from the B-Main line-up after his earlier crash, Bonsey, Gowland and Hoffmans all transferred into the B-Main event. Bryan Zelinski finished fourth in the C-Main, leading Steve Greer across the line. James Grady and Kris Jennings both failed to finish the event.

The Dash event saw Bryan Mann and Brent Kratzmann share the front row for the start with Kratzmann getting a brilliant start on the high side to quickly secure the race lead. Mann settled into second but Luke Oldfield had incredible speed on the top and with just half a lap completed was already forcing Mann on the defensive. Logan Schuchart did not hesitate when Mann left the bottom open, quickly racing the Q95 racer up the inside of both Oldfield and Mann to steal second and set out after Kratzmann. Mann tried to stay with Schuchart, while Oldfield came under pressure from Donny Schatz, and, deeper in the field, Andrew Scheuerle and Mark Pholi were having an intense battle for the minor positions. Schuchart was sensational in the Q95 Motorguard Motorsport racer, patiently biding his time and systematically closing the gap to Kratzmann, waiting for the perfect opportunity to make his move. With the white flag in the air Schuchart worked the high line beautifully as he challenged Kratzmann for the lead. Kratzmann held him off for as long as could but Logan Schuchart secured the lead in the final corner, just in time to take the win and earn pole position for the main race. Brent Kratzmann crossed the line in second leading Donny Schatz, Bryan Mann, Luke Oldfield, Andrew Scheuerle, Peter Lack and Mark Pholi home.

An impressive field of sixteen cars lined up for the start of the fifteen-lap B-Main event, with Kevin Britten and Anthony Lambert sharing the front row for the start. Lambert secured the lead when the lights went green, while Britten and Kaiden Manders fought over second and, deeper in the field, Dave Whell and Paul Rooks raced either side of Jayden Peacock. Andrew Corbet looked for a way around Nelson Reddacliff, while Steven White and Brad Ayers exchanged positions a few times until Ayers finally secured the advantage. Ayers quickly made his way underneath both Andrew Corbet and Dave Whell, while Kristy Bonsey and Brett Minett both made their way past White and Corbet half a lap later. Corbet fought back on the topside and managed to regain positions from Minett and Bonsey, before setting his sights on Whell. Karl Hoffmans got a little too high in turn three and clipped the wall before tipping the Q3 car on its side. Lambert led the restart from Manders and Britten, and while Jayden Peacock challenged Britten for third, it was the battles behind them that captivated the crowd. Nelson Reddacliff and Paul Rooks raced side-by-side just outside of the transfer positions, while Dave Whell, Dylan Menz and Brad Ayers had an intense battle mid-field. White and Minett continued their battle, and chased after Bonsey and Corbet, while Mitch Gowland joined the battle and added an extra element to the fight for the minor places. Minett and Corbet exchanged slide jobs for a couple of laps before Corbet emerged in front, while White carefully made his way under Minett, then Corbet half a lap later. Rooks and Reddacliff continued to race wheel-to-wheel, but the race was again brought to a stop when Corbet clipped the turn the three wall and was lucky to not completely invert the Q78 racer. By this stage Kaiden Manders had relieved Anthony Lambert of control of the race, with Manders leading the restart from Lambert, Peacock and Britten. Once again it was the mid-field action that captivated the crowd. White took to the high line and quickly raced around Bonsey, only to get caught behind Brad Ayers, while Dave Whell tried to find a way underneath Dylan Menz, the pair exchanging positions several times in their race-long battle. Bonsey had a great run on the bottom, racing back underneath White and Ayers while the pair were embroiled in their own battle on the top of the track, before turning her attention to Dylan Menz. White and Ayers continued to argue over track position with White racing underneath Ayers only for Ayers to regain his position a couple of laps later. Kaiden Manders got the win ahead of Jayden Peacock and Anthony Lambert, with Kevin Britten also earning a transfer to the main race. Paul Rooks finished fifth ahead of Nelson Reddacliff, Dylan Menz, Dave Whell, Kristy Bonsey, Brad Ayers, Steven White, Mitch Gowland, Tim Ford and Brett Minett. Andrew Corbet and Karl Hoffmans both failed to finish the event.

Thirty-five laps, nineteen quality Sprintcars with nineteen immensely talented pilots, and one slick and multi-lane race-track set the scene for an incredible feature event. The event started with Logan Schuchart and Brent Kratzmann from the front row ahead of Donny Schatz and Bryan Mann. Schuchart got a brilliant start and quickly secured the lead, while Schatz raced almost effortlessly underneath Kratzmann to move into second before using the low line to relieve Schuchart of the lead with just half a lap completed. Schuchart stayed with Schatz and tried to challenge for the lead while Mann and Kratzmann argued over third, and Andrew Scheuerle and Luke Oldfield fought over fifth and six. Mann secured the advantage over Kratzmann, leaving Kratzmann to defend his position from a hard charging Oldfield, and while Oldfield was able to get in front of Kratzmann, Kratzmann soon took to the high line, running breath-takingly close to the fence, as he hunted down Oldfield, and then Mann, to make his way back into third. Peter Lack and Mark Pholi had a thrilling battle on the tail of Andrew Scheuerle, while Brodie Tulloch and Callum Walker raced two abreast for a number of laps. Brock Dean and Cody Maroske had their own battle unfolding, right behind Tulloch and Walker, with Jayden Peacock and Kaiden Manders closing in fast from behind. At the front of the field Kratzmann had just stolen third from Mann when he got a fraction too high in turn three and clipped the wall, slowing to a stop and bring the race under caution. Kratzmann did restart at the rear of the field but pulled to the infield a few laps into the restart.

Donny Schatz led the restart from Logan Schuchart and Bryan Mann, with Luke Oldfield and Andrew Scheuerle close behind. Scheuerle and Oldfield were all over the back of Mann when the race resumed, while Peter Lack, Mark Pholi and Callum Walker resumed what had been an intense battle before the stoppage. Scheuerle had a massive look on the inside of Oldfield, but could not quite get the job done and soon found himself defending his position from Pholi. Unfortunately the race was quickly brought to a stop when Brock Dean rode out a nasty flip in the Q8 racer after contact with Jayden Peacock in turn one. Dean was unscathed in the wreck but was out of the race.

With twenty-three laps still to run Donny Schatz led the restart from Logan Schuchart, Bryan Mann, Luke Oldfield and Andrew Scheuerle and while Mann had a brief but unsuccessful look underneath Schuchart, Mark Pholi raced his way underneath Scheuerle and into fifth. Oldfield relentlessly searched the high line for a way around Mann, while Schuchart persisted on the topside as he searched for a way into the lead. Mann and Oldfield ran two abreast lap after lap, neither willing to surrender the position, while Scheuerle managed to make his way back in front of Pholi, only to find Peter Lack now on their tail. Schuchart was undeniably brilliant on the top and, once the leaders approached lapped traffic, Schuchart wasted no time in racing around the outside of the Schatz, thrilling the crowd as he took the lead. Schatz fought back with a big look on the inside of Schuchart but got momentarily caught behind a lapped car allowing Schuchart to open a small lead. Peter Lack, Mark Pholi and Andrew Scheuerle had an increasingly intense battle for the minor places, but disaster struck when Scheuerle ended up in the turn three fence. Callum Walker spun the Q33 racer in an effort to lessen the inevitable contact, and while both Callum and Andrew walked away from the wrecks, neither could restart the race. In fact, both teams have a very big couple of days ahead if they are to be ready for tomorrow nights event.

With ten laps left to run it was Logan Schuchart who led the field to the green. Donny Schatz challenged for control but there was no stopping Schuchart as he raced to victory, the first local win for his team owner in a number of years. Donny Schatz finished second, making it a one-two finish for our American guests, while Luke Oldfield crossed the line in third to complete the podium. Peter Lack and Mark Pholi completed the top five after a truly sensational race with Bryan Mann in the last ten laps of the race, where the trio exchanged positions numerous times and really entertained the crowd with some fast, clean and truly mesmerizing racing, with Mann officially home in sixth. Cody Maroske had another brilliant run in the Q22 racer, and took running the high line to new extremes in the final corner when he mounted the wall in turn three, riding the concrete into turn four before somehow not only landing back on four wheels but managing to keep the car running, crossing the line in seventh. Brodie Tulloch finished eighth and led Jayden Peacock, Dan Murray, Steve Rowell, Kevin Britten and Dave Whell across the line. Andrew Scheuerle, Callum Walker, Anthony Lambert, Brock Dean. Kaiden Manders and Brent Kratzmann all failed to finish the event.

With only today to rest and regroup Sprintcars Queensland are set to return to Archerfield Speedway tomorrow night, 30 December 2017, for our final show of 2017. It is set to be a massive show with another huge field of Sprintcars. Come on out and enjoy the show! We hope to see you there!


[ Back To Referring Page | Back To News ]

New Page 1
New Page 1
23/3 Archerfield Speedway
30/3 Maryborough Speedway
6/4 Archerfield Speedway
19/4 Hi-Tec Oils Speedway Toowoomba
20/4 Archerfield Speedway
21/4 Hi-Tec Oils Speedway Toowoomba
4/5 Hi-Tec Oils Speedway Toowoomba
5/5 Hi-Tec Oils Speedway Toowoomba
11/5 Archerfield Speedway
25/5 Archerfield Speedway
Sprintcar World - Powered by Eagle Chassis